Open Food Facts is looking for a mobile developer
As part of its growth and international expansion, Open Food Facts is looking for a mobile developer, who likes to have a large-scale impact and is sensitive to the values of transparency, common good and knowledge sharing. Full remote work possible, full/part time and terms to be discussed.
Open Food Facts is an open collaborative project, created in 2012, which implements transparency to transform the food system. In 2015, we supported the launch of the 5 Color Score, now known as Nutri-Score. In 2021, we launched the Eco-Score which earned us the support of the Google.org foundation. In 2022 we launched our new mobile application. We want to continue sustaining the extension of the Eco-Score and help food transparency grow internationally.
Open Food Facts has a small permanent team (7 people) with very varied missions and technologies, which works hand in hand with a community from all over the world.
As part of its growth and international expansion, Open Food Facts is looking for a mobile developer. Its main tasks will be:
- lead the development, develop and maintain our new mobile app in Flutter
- facilitate the developers’ community around the app
- participate in interface and user experience design
All his/hers work is produced under a free license, trying to involve the community as much as possible through discussions, documentation and support.
- enjoys teamwork to achieve goals with social impacts
- is creative and likes to equip a wide range of audiences through intuitive and accessible interfaces
- likes to learn new technologies and adopt good practices to improve
- is independent on its missions with good communication skills, in an international context (English essential, other languages appreciated).
S(he) already has experience in mobile development, ideally Flutter, and an open source culture as well as a solid knowledge of the web and collaborative development (Git, GitHub, …).
Open Food Facts is an organization that is both professional and very flexible. It is natively organized for remote work (preferable location between GMT-6 and GMT+6). Each employee is free to choose their computer equipment and daily tools.
Full or part-time position, junior or senior. Working method to be discussed (12-month renewable fixed-term contract or service). Gross salary of 2200 to 4000 € monthly on a full-time basis, depending on profile, experience and work modality.
|To apply, send us at firstname.lastname@example.org your CV, your motivations or any form of presentation.